Global Tax Outlook
The Global Tax Outlook is BDO’s new international research programme on Tax. It's touching on the most common issues business leaders are grappling with in Tax, today and looking 2-5 years ahead.
Spanning more than fifty countries from across all regions of the globe (EMEA, the Americas and Asia-Pacific), the Global Tax Outlook provides a window on tax, reaching tax and business leaders from across a spectrum of businesses, from the newly emerging to some of the very largest.
We commenced our research in February 2020, as countries were anticipating but not yet in the full lock down phase of the COVID-19 crisis. So while there was clearly caution in the markets at this time, the research themes were designed to focus on the underlying regulatory and technological challenges facing tax and the business of tax, today and beyond.
Working together with the research organisation Meridian West and with the inputs of BDO subject matter experts from across the globe we see some consistent themes. This report shares these themes and points to where findings vary, whether this be by region, or the size and type of business:
- The most significant tax issues facing the organisation and the priorities that are being set
- How changes in tax legislation and the behaviour of the tax authorities impact business
- Tax strategy, policy and risk – the focus on tax at board level and the evolution of the tax function
- The use of technology in tax
- Total tax liability – and its value in directing decision making
To explore the results, starting with:
Use the opportunity to discuss the findings and how they relate to your business with a member of the local BDO team.