IFRS Foundation Trustees establish Eminent Persons Group to guide work on sustainability-related financial disclosures
11 June 2021
The IFRS Foundation Trustees have today announced the establishment of an Eminent Persons Group to provide strategic advice and counsel to the Trustees on the proposed formation of the International Sustainability Standards Board and its connectivity with jurisdictional initiatives.
The members of the Eminent Persons Group are:
- Chair: Jean-Claude Trichet, former President of the European Central Bank
- Sheila Bair, former Chair of the US Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
- Nandan Nilekani, Chair and co-founder of Infosys
- Guillermo Ortiz, former Governor of Banco de Mexico; former Chair of the Bank of International Settlements
- Min Zhu, former Deputy Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund.
The Eminent Persons Group has held its first meeting and will have regular engagement with the Trustees.
The press release by the IFRS Foundation may be accessed here.