IASB releases Article on how Climate-related Disclosures related to IFRS Standards
05 December 2019
Nick Anderson, member of the IASB, has published an article on how IFRS Standards may be applied to climate-related disclosures. The article discusses this in the context of:
- How to make materiality judgments;
- Applying IFRS Practice Statement 2 Making Materiality Judgments to climate-related and emerging risks;
- Financial reporting considerations when applying IFRS Standards;
- Disclosing climate-related and other emerging risks in the financial statements;
- Management commentary: providing context to the financial statements; and
- A summary: materiality judgments should serve investor’s information needs.
The article can be accessed here.