ESMA releases Report on ECL Disclosures of Banks
16 December 2021
The European Securities Market Authority (ESMA) has released a report on the expected credit loss (ECL) disclosures of banks in Europe. ESMA’s recommendations to issuers relate to the following areas:
- general aspects of the ECL-disclosures;
- assessment of significant increase in credit risk;
- forward-looking information;
- explanation of changes in loss allowances;
- transparency of disclosures on credit risk exposures; and
- ECL sensitivity disclosures.
The report may be accessed here.