ESMA publishes extract from database of enforcement decisions
23 July 2021
The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) has published the 25th extract from European Enforcers Coordination Sessions (EECS) enforcement decisions. The report is published with the aim of strengthening supervisory convergence and providing issuers and users of financial statements with relevant information on the appropriate application of the IFRSs.
The report includes decisions taken by national enforcers in the period from November 2019 to July 2020. Topics covered by the enforcement decisions include:
- Measurement of expected credit losses (IFRS 9)
- Recognition of lease on the first application of IFRS 16 (IFRS 16)
- Depreciation of leased assets and dismantling costs (IFRS 16)
- Impairment of finance lease receivables (IFRS 9, IFRS 7)
- Presentation of expenses related to COVID-19 (IAS 1)
- Presentation current/ non-current liabilities in the balance sheet (IAS 1, IAS 34)
- Reconciliation of net-debt (IAS 7)
- Disclosures of financial risk (IAS 1, IFRS 7)
- Measurement of purchased credit impaired assets (POCI) (IFRS 9)
- Disclosure of the effects of changes in the credit risk related to financial liabilities designated as at fair value through profit and loss (IFRS 9)
The report may be accessed here.