EFRAG publishes Final Comment Letter on IASB’s Third Agenda Consultation
15 October 2021
EFRAG has published its Final Comment Letter on IASB’s Third Agenda Consultation Request for Information.
In the comment letter, EFRAG has considered that the overall balance of the activities of the IASB is generally appropriate.
EFRAG has identified the following high priority projects, ranked according to their priority:
- Sustainability in financial reporting, starting from climate (including connectivity and pollutant pricing mechanisms); and
- Crypto assets-liabilities.
EFRAG has noted that the treatment under IFRS 9 of financial instruments with ESG features is an urgent and prevalent issue and has requested the IASB to address this in the short term.
Other high priority projects identified are:
- Discontinued operations and disposal groups;
- Statement of cash flows and related matters; and
- Variable and contingent consideration.
The final comment letter may be accessed here.