EFRAG issues draft comment letter on IASB’s Agenda Consultation
28 May 2021
In April 2021, the IASB issued an agenda consultation to seek comments to determine its five-year plan for the period 2022-2026.
EFRAG has now issued a draft comment letter in response to the IASB’s request for information (RFI) on its agenda consultation.
EFRAG has assigned priorities to the 22 projects described in the RFI and has identified a number of additional high priority projects.
Overall, EFRAG has assessed that the following six projects should be given the highest priority by the IASB
- Connecting financial and sustainability reporting, starting from climate-related financial implications
- Crypto-assets and related transactions
- Discontinued operations and disposal groups
- Intangible assets
- Statement of cash flows and related matters
- Variable and contingent consideration
Along with the draft comment letter, EFRAG has also published its own proactive research agenda and has sought inputs on it.
The press release by EFRAG and its consultation document may be accessed here. Comments are requested by 17 September 2021.