BDO’s quarterly global mid-market M&A review.
Each quarter we analyse global mid-market deal activity across a number of major regions and selected sectors around the world; we offer you a satellite view of how the M&A market is evolving – and where it appears to be heading.
It includes expert commentary on recent trends, predictions for the coming year and forecasts of sector activity through our heat chart which predicts the most active sectors for company sales. Whether you are active on the buy or sell side or just alert to the latest opportunities, Horizons will provide you with invaluable insights into where and why investment is flowing, giving you more of the mid-market knowledge and insight you need.
Issue 2 2018, our spring edition, includes:
- Global view – The outlook is positive as pressure from shareholders and the search for innovation continue to drive corporates towards M&A.
- Special feature – Cybersecurity risks on the rise for Private Equity dealmakers.
- North America – M&A is plagued by relaxed strategic buyers.
- Technology & Media - Digitalisation, intra-sector convergence and China's appetite for technology are all contributing to elevated M&A activity in the sector - and increased price levels.
- Natural resources - Higher commodity prices signal continued M&A activity in North America.
- Building Products & Services - A hotbed for M&A activity across the Globe.
- Heat charts – Despite uncertainty our heat charts show growth of potential M&A transactions
In a global market of bewildering activity and endless choices, we provide some of the context necessary to navigate it.