Are Private Equity companies well positioned in a post COVID world?
13 July 2021
Before the tumultuous events of 2020, private investors had US$2.5 trillion in dry powder. Since then, the amount of capital awaiting deployment grew to US$2.9 trillion.
As detailed in the newest edition of BDO’s Private Capital Pulse Survey , private equity firms are preparing to deploy that capital into a changing industry landscape. Key takeaways from the survey among PE professionals include:
- Asset prices are expected to rise
- Taxation of digital assets is a prime area of concern
- ESG has growing importance
- Risk management and digital capabilities are prime deal drivers
- Growth equity will be the core investment strategy.
In other words, deal making, investment metrics, due diligence and investment risks are all evolving.