Fintech Fridays - Federal Budget & New Financial Year
02 July 2021
Original content provided by BDO Australia
With the New Financial Year upon us and a number of recent Federal Budget measures being handed down, there are a combination of smaller, new, extended and expanded initiatives aimed at providing more favourable conditions for entrepreneurs and early-stage businesses - particularly for fintechs.
In this Fintech Fridays webinar, Tim Aman, BDO Global Fintech Leader, and Graham Wakeman, BDO Government Incentives Partner, host Piper Alderman Digital Law Partner, Michael Bacina, to unpack the Budget announcements and what they mean for fintechs leading into the new financial year, including:
- Analysis of the budget for fintechs
- The main changes impacting fintechs, and how they can take advantage:
- The Research and Development Tax Incentive
- Tax relief measures (instant asset write-off)
- Patent Box – the missing link in Australia’s incentive regime
- Employee Share Schemes
- Corporate Collective Investment Vehicles
- Realising the true value of an intangible asset
- Venture Capital Concessions.
Find more webinars in this series:
Fintech Fridays Webinar series