The insurance industry is undergoing major changes that will significantly impact calculations and their representation in financial statements. These include Solvency II legislation, IFRS 17 and IFRS 9, to name a few.
BDO can support our clients as they face these changes with the right mix of skills and expertise in the insurance sector. We provide audit services to a wide range of national and international insurance clients. In addition, we have actuarial skills and deep experience in the valuation of life and non-life companies. We are experienced in advising on regulatory, accounting, internal audit, compliance, digitalization, cybersecurity and systems and control issues.
We can assist our clients in implementing IFRS 9 and IFRS 17, thanks to our expertise in the field and to participation in national and international working groups on the standards.
We offer insurers:
- Audit services
- Accounting advisory
- Tax advisory
- Issuing of opinions required by law or special rules, for instance for mergers and other extraordinary corporate transactions
- Valuation of insurance companies
- Advice on obtaining regulatory approval for changes
- Financial, tax, legal and actuarial due diligence
- Fully outsourced and co-sourced internal audit and compliance services
- Systems and control manuals
- Post-implementation systems reviews
- IFRS accounting
- Advice on all aspects of financial instrument standards
- Advice on digitalization and cybersecurity
- Sustainability services